Spring-cleaning and back-to-school cleaning are what come to mind when most people think of heavy-duty cleaning. But with the holidays quickly approaching, and homeowners pulling out decorations and spending a lot of time in the kitchen, it’s more important than ever to keep your home fresh and clean.
To ensure you have an oasis to come home to and an always guest-ready space, here are six holiday cleaning hacks that will go a long way in keeping your space sparkling and help you stay jolly through the New Year:
1) The holiday season brings with it colder temperatures, and you’re probably making use of your heating system. Furnace filters keep out the unwanted pollens, dust and debris from infiltrating your home. Replace your filters often to ensure your air stays clean and clear of unwanted allergens that can be harmful to lungs, so you, your family and your guests can stay healthy.
2) Snacks and plentiful treats are the norm during this time of year. Clear out any expired or unneeded items before the holidays begin to make more room for party leftovers!
3) Have cleaning supplies and antibacterial wipes on hand for all the added germs that are passed around. Wipe down surfaces thoroughly to help avoid bacteria build up.
4) Avoid the winter mess brought with ice, snow and rain. Winterize your mudroom or foyer area by buying a boot tray. Walmart has many options at cost-friendly prices that will allow your family and guests to house all their winter boots and keep away unwanted slush and dirt.
5) Enlist everyone in your household to help out! This time of year is fun, and there’s always something going on, but it can also be exhausting. Spreading tasks around means a faster cleanup, allowing you more time to relax.
6) Added sweat from heavy winter gear and less ventilation due to staying indoors can leave your home smelling more funky than festive. Keep a bottle of FunkAway and spray winter coats, boots, gloves and hats to easily eliminate unwanted odors. Plus, FunkAway’s Traveler is the perfect size to gift as a stocking stuffer and can be used on the go or at home all winter long!
The holiday season is an exciting and busy time for everyone. By following these easy steps, you’ll be able to slow down and enjoy this magical season with your friends and family.