Summer 2020 has thrown off many travel plans. While trips may have been postponed or outright cancelled, think of it as a chance to avoid crowded airports and take to the open road instead. From quick day trips to extended getaways, load the car with these items to keep your adventure fun, safe and funk free!
- Invest in an insulated water bottle with large capacity that keeps drinks cold for many hours. This water bottle from Coleman ensures your drinks will stay cold for up to 58 hours to help quench your thirst in the summer heat. If your furry friend is tagging along, a collapsible water bowl will be perfect for on the road. It’s also important to pack many healthy foods and snacks in case you run into stores or restaurants that are closed.
- Don’t let any aches and sunburns ruin your trip or slow down your fun. Be sure to bring ibuprofen and plenty of sunscreen (and aloe in case the sunscreen fails). And, to combat pesky mosquitoes bites, pack a Thermacell Radius Zone Mosquito Repellant.
- If you’re riding shotgun or taking a break from your spot behind the wheel, don’t forget a travel pillow and eye mask set like this one, and a blanket for ultimate comfort. These will be clutch, especially on longer or overnight trips.
- Just in case, bring along a roadside emergency kit that includes jumper cables, a flashlight and other essential tools so you’re prepared for any hiccups along your route. If you’re worried about any blowouts and flat tires, take a tire pressure gauge and a spare tire for extra precaution.
- You’re bound to make stops on the way to fill up on gas, use the restroom and purchase food. Download restaurant apps when you can to avoid contact and simplify getting carry out. If you have kids with you and they need to use the bathroom but don’t like wearing face coverings, invest in a fun mask they will enjoy. Check out this list from Fast Company for inspiration.
- There are other ways to make sure you’re staying safe, organized and prepared along the way. You can install a phone mount for added safety when using your cell phone for navigation or calls, put in a backseat organizer like this for keeping liquids cold and other items easily accessible and invest in a windproof umbrella for any inclement weather you may encounter.
- To stay entertained, download multiple playlists. Spotify has many great summer playlists that will appease just about anyone. And, to pass the time, travel games like Loaded Questions on the Go can keep everyone engaged without distracting the driver from the road.
- Hours spent cooped up in a car can create some funky Protect your nose and prevent fights with FunkAway odor eliminators. The Traveler is the perfect size to take with you on the road. You can spray stinky shoes, musty towels and mysterious spills in the backseat that no one will claim. If you plan on building a campfire or have any smokers along for the ride, the new Smoke Odor Eliminator works quickly by eliminating any smells in the air.
Traveling may look a little different this summer, but these essentials will ensure your next road trip goes as seamless as possible. That way, you’re enjoying the time off that you have with family and friends. What road trips do you have planned this summer, and what is one item you cannot leave behind?