This new year marks a really special occasion – the start of a brand-new decade! With this notion, your New Year’s resolutions are a great opportunity to start anew and kick off the decade with a fresh start. Whether it’s getting in better financial or physical shape, now’s the time to turn your goals into reality. After all, a goal without a plan is just a wish! We have a few ideas that can motivate you throughout 2020.
1) Set a realistic financial goal for the new year, for the next five years and for the end of the decade. It doesn’t take much. These goals can be as small as saving $50 more per month to completely paying off your student loan or mortgage. But following through with these goals will be worthwhile and will make anyone feel a sense of accomplishment. Try using a SAVINGS CALCULATOR to set your goal and see just how far you can go.
2) Think about small personal goals, like making your bed every day, reading one book per month, cooking more at home or joining an organization to help others. Changing your daily routine and shaking things up are most often a good thing, and you’ll be glad you at least tried it even if it doesn’t stick.
3) Do something you’ve never done before, like learning a new language, running a 5k, skiing down slopes or taking a trip to a place you’ve never visited before. Looking back, you’ll always wonder why you never did the things you’ve always wanted to do, so why not start in 2020?
4) Figure out the right fitness goals for you. If you don’t go to the gym, don’t bother signing up for a membership that will cost you big bucks without even stepping one foot in the door. Find the activities that feel more enjoyable and recreational than like a chore, whether that’s walking with friends during lunch break, biking or running down a scenic path or finding a sports league to join.
5) Organize your home. Nothing will be more satisfying than purging and deep cleaning your home – after all, it’s where you spend a lot of your time. Take some pointers from Marie Kondo and rid your home of anything that doesn’t spark joy. Once you’ve done the heavy lifting, place FunkAway’s supercharged Odor Eliminating Beads in your newly cleaned out rooms and closets to rid of any unwanted and lingering smells. With the cold winter months ahead, you’ll be spending more times indoors and will want to create a fresh and clean haven for you and your family.
These are just a few ideas that can help spark ideas for your resolutions. Start off by writing down two to three realistic goals and plan out actionable steps to achieve them. This will help you as you start to plan out this year and decade. What are some personal resolutions you’ve set for yourself in the past and future, and what did you do to achieve them? Let us know in the comments below.