Having a furry friend brings companionship, joy and happiness, but it also brings with it a lot of upkeep. If you’re a pet owner who allows your dog or cat indoors, then you are aware of how much work it can be to keep your home fresh and odor-free!
Here are a few tricks that can give you the pet-friendly home you desire:
1) Invest in a high-quality vacuum cleaner. These make a wonderful addition to homes, especially for pet owners that have shedders and experience copious amounts of dog or cat hair. You should regularly clean out the filter to avoid spreading odors that come from pet hair and dirt. Not sure which one to buy? Consumer Reports recently published their best vacuums for pet hair.
2) Foolproof the entrances and exits to your home by creating a “clean-up” station, with heavy-duty doormats, towels to dab wet paws, wipes and other cleaners. This will help lessen some of the dirt, mud and other outdoor yuck that can trickle in. Be sure to purchase mats that are machine washable and use FunkAway’s Laundry Detergent Booster to help fight the toughest stains and odors.
3) Groom and clean your pets regularly. This should go without saying, but one of the main causes of pet odor is the negligence of owners. Incorporate daily, weekly and monthly cleaning techniques into your routine, so you can reduce the amount of smells that tend to build up over time. Consistent grooming also reduces the amount of shedding in the house.
4) Purchase practical furniture and linens. Certain materials can attract hair, making it seem like your home is even in more disarray. Upgrading your sofas and chairs with materials that are durable and dander, hair and dirt resistant can prove very beneficial with pets in the home.Don’t give in to pet beds that are glamorous but hard to clean – buy ones that you can easily wash with the previously mentioned Laundry Detergent Booster, and even better, are water resistant. And, if you’re the type of owner who allows pets on your beds in the home, purchasing duvet covers that are machine washable will certainly go a long way in keeping your home as free of odor as possible.
5) Remove stubborn pet odors with FunkAway. The Pump Spray is great for ridding deep set-in odors in pet beds, collars, harnesses, sweaters and anything else your furry friend comes in close contact with. And if a room in your home is extra smelly, the Odor Eliminating Beads can eliminate odors in spaces up to 300 feet, making it ideal for a quick fix before guests arrive. And lastly, the Laundry Detergent Booster also works great as a carpet stain and odor remover. All FunkAway products are non-toxic and hypoallergenic, making them safer for pet cleanup.
Implementing these tools and tips into your home and routine will help keep your home clean, even with your furry companion by your side. What are some of the most helpful ways you keep your pet-friendly home fresh? Provide your comments below.