The new year brings us all a chance to start fresh and take on new hobbies and approaches that enrich and improve our everyday lives. Many people set fitness and health resolutions to lose that extra weight from the holidays or to simply feel better about themselves. However, oftentimes, these resolutions are too ambitious and lead people to break them within just a few weeks.
Even though many of us are still stuck at home, we can set intentions to keep our health goals in check for the upcoming year. Here are a few tips that can help you uphold your fitness and health resolutions in 2021.
- Assign a designated workout buddy (or two) to hold yourself accountable. Sticking to eating healthy, drinking enough water and mustering up enough energy to workout for 30-45 minutes takes a lot of self-effort. Don’t do it all alone! It’s much easier to stick to your goals with a support system.
- Many gyms and studios across the country are closed due to restrictions. While we all can’t wait to hop on a bike for our next spin class or stretch and meditate during Ashtanga yoga in person, you can easily set up your own workout schedule with online classes. Sign up through your favorite studio or ClassPass or check out the huge selection of free fitness classes on YouTube. Pick a consistent time for these workouts and lay out your activewear and gear ahead of time as if you’re attending in person. This will encourage you to fulfill your workout and instill better habits once it’s time to go to your favorite classes or gym in person.
- With all the extra time at home, now’s the time to start eating healthier and cooking your own meals. It’s easy to get on your smartphone and order from a delivery app after a long workday, but you’ll feel much better about your creations and discover foods you didn’t even know you liked or had a preference for. There are also many meal kit delivery companies like Hello Fresh that you can try to help you cook healthy meals without even going to the grocery store.
- Set a goal to move around more throughout the day. With many people still working from home into the new year, it’s likely you’re sedentary more than you should be. Sitting less is an attainable objective that you can tailor based on your lifestyle. It’s wise to start setting a daily step count goal and build on it as you go. You’ll be surprised how much better you’ll feel just by moving around more often.
- This hamper makes it easy to separate workout clothes from other laundry, so you’ll have clean and fresh activewear ready to go whenever you need it. You can fight the built-up sweat odors from hardcore workouts by using FunkAway Laundry Detergent Booster with your everyday detergent.
- And, if you are working out in a room in your home, the space might need a little freshening up. Place FunkAway Odor Eliminating Beads wherever you work out to clear out any odors in the air. The fresh scent will keep your space smelling clean and ready for your next sweat session.
How will you achieve and sustain your health and fitness goals in 2021? Leave us some tips in the comments!