This year has presented many challenges, and the holiday season right around the corner has left many people asking how they will navigate the challenges and still make the holidays magical. While the upcoming months might be different than years past, we have a few helpful ideas that can help jumpstart the festivities and provide timeless memories.
- The thrill of running around stores during Black Friday and chasing down the biggest deals is a tradition many families partake in each year. Being in crowded aisles will likely not happen for many this year, which means you’ll need to adapt and score great deals online. Take the stress out of holiday gift buying by shopping for the best sales online during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. USA Today rounds up a few useful apps and web extensions that direct you to the hottest discounts, so you can get holiday shopping underway with more money in your pockets.
- It’s more important than ever to support smaller, local businesses that may have taken a hit during recent months. Most of the time you’ll find unique gifts that you may not be able to find elsewhere, and you’ll be helping businesses who need it most. If you have a bookworm who’s on your holiday shopping list, Bookshop.org allows you to purchase books from local bookstores.
- More time indoors means additional time for homemade goodies and gifts. Try your hand at making a canned sauce, scented candle or magical snow globe. Good Housekeeping walks you through a few ideas for gifts or items you may want to keep for your own home.
- There’s something about giving to those less fortunate that makes the holidays so special. With the current environment, there are many families that could really benefit from the added generosity and goodwill. Give to a good cause this year during Giving Tuesday, which falls on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. The official website provides ideas on how to participate, both small and large.
- Since holiday festivals and events have been scaled back this year, why not plan more events in the comfort of your own home? You can celebrate by hosting a virtual holiday-themed charades over Zoom or watching a family favorite holiday movie “together” through Netflix Party.
- With the cooler temps and limited in-person gatherings, it’s likely you’ll be spending more time this holiday season indoors. To keep your home smelling clean and fresh, place a jar of our festive FunkAway Odor Eliminating Beads in your bathrooms, closets or anywhere else odors can accumulate. Not only do they stop the stink, but they add a colorful accent to any room.
- With cannabis becoming legal in more places around the country, smoke odors are also on the rise. If you have a smoker inside the home…don’t fret! Our new Smoke Odor Eliminator clears the air no matter what they smoke.
We could all use a little less stress, so why not make the best of the most wonderful time of the year by incorporating these ideas? How do you plan on making this holiday season memorable? We’d love to hear your ideas!